Astrological Symbology
Edmond Wollmann - The Arthurian One
2005-03-15 16:54:53 UTC
Symbols of the constellations, much like the ones we use today, were
found on ancient Sumerian boundary stones. They were called Kudurru,
and depict celestial images in a circle with a snake that, according to
scholar Zecharia Sitchin, represents the Milky Way.** The Sumerian
words for these celestial symbols were:

GU.ANNA - "heavenly bull" - Taurus
MASH.TAB.BA - "twins" - Gemini
DUB - "pincers, tongs" - Cancer (the crab)
UR.GULA - "lion" - Leo
AB.SIN - "whose father was Sin" - Virgo (the maiden)
ZI.BA.AN.NA - "heavenly fate" - Libra (the scales)
GIR.TAB - "clawer, cutter" - Scorpio
PA.BIL - "defender" - Sagittarius (the archer)
SUHUR.MASH - "goat-fish" - Capricorn
GU - "Lord of the waters" - Aquarius (the water-bearer)
SIM.MAH - "fishes" - Pisces
KU.MAL - "field dweller" - Aries (the ram)

There were even ephemerides in Sumer. Stones covered with phenomenal
numbers of cuneiform lines of figures have been discovered. These
appear to be much like our own ephemerides, and used for calculating
the positions of sun , moon, cometary activitiy.
*Krupp, E. C. (ed.) In Search of Ancient Astronomies. (1978).
**Sitchin, Z. When Time Began (1993).

Other good references for symbols might be:
"Star Names: Their Lore and Meanings" by Allen
"The Arkana Dictionary of Astrology" by Gettings

Edmond H. Wollmann P.M.A.F.A.
© 2005 Altair Publications, SAN 299-5603
Astrological Consulting http://www.astroconsulting.com/
Artworks http://www.astroconsulting.com/personal/
http://home.earthlink.net/~arcturianone/
Hugo Sedowan
2005-03-15 17:25:44 UTC
are totally fucking useless.
Dan Baldwin
2005-03-15 17:50:37 UTC
Post by Edmond Wollmann - The Arthurian One
Symbols of the constellations
are very pretty, unlike that childishly crude 'drawing' of yours, Edmo.

I have plans coming up in May, so do please crush me in court before
then, 'kay?
--
Dan Baldwin, unethical *by design*

I am a minion of Satan, but my powers are mainly administrative.

Hail the un-alive
Bob Officer
2005-03-15 18:39:50 UTC
On 15 Mar 2005 08:54:53 -0800, in alt.astrology, "Edmond Wollmann - The
Post by Edmond Wollmann - The Arthurian One
Symbols of the constellations, much like the ones we use today, were
found on ancient Sumerian boundary stones. They were called Kudurru,
and depict celestial images in a circle with a snake that, according to
scholar Zecharia Sitchin,
Sitchin is not a recognized scholar in the field of Sumarian Writing...
Post by Edmond Wollmann - The Arthurian One
Edmond H. Wollmann P.M.A.F.A.
Just as you are not recognized as a counselor by california State law.

The AFA is a hobbyist group, and do not grant any professional status.
Ak'toh'di
w***@spam.free
2005-03-15 11:54:53 UTC
http://www.smbtech.com/ed/
http://www.nocem.org/
http://www.rahul.net/falk/quickrefs.html#W

http://www.smbtech.com/ed/

@@BEGIN NCM HEADERS
Version: 0.9
Issuer: ***@spam.free
Type: spew
Action: hide
Count: 9
Notice-ID: Wollmannizer03738
@BEGIN NCM BODY
<***@l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com> alt.astrology
alt.astrology.metapsych alt.astrology.pro tnn.astro
@END NCM BODY